Happy Foodie Friday Foxies!!! This week, I wanted to switch it up and give you a recipe.
Tis the season, it is feeling like Fall in Dallas this week. It made me want comfort food and to be snuggled in a blanket the entire week lol. I started thinking about how good Chicken and Dumplings used to be growing up. My Grandy and my aunts would make it on cold days back home in Milwaukee. Then I began to think about it, I haven’t had it in years. The question then became, how can I make this veggie friendly? I got the creative juices going and here we are with my Chick’n & Dumplings recipe. Check it out below! Let me know what you think. Like, Share, and Show some love in the comments.
Chick’n & Dumplings
- 1 bag of Gardein Chick’n Strips
- 2 1/2 (32 fl. oz.) Vegetable Broth
- 5 Carrots (diced)
- 3 Celery Stalks (diced)
- 1 Sweet Onion (diced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Salt
- 2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp of Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread
- 3 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Salt
- Add all of your dry ingredients for your dumpling mix and put them in a bowl. Mix them together, then whisk in your melted butter and almond milk.
- As soon as your thick mixture for your dumplings are mixed well together. Sit it in the fridge.
- Prep your carrots, celery, garlic, and sweet onion.
- Take a large pot, turn stove to medium high heat, and add in your vegetable oil.
- Once the oil is heated, add in your veggies and garlic. Saute your mirepoix (veggie soup blend), give your vegetables about 2 minutes to sweat in the pot, then add in your chick’n strips. and seasonings.
- Once those ingredients are mixed well in the pot, cover the pot, and allow the veggies and chick’n to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Once the veggies are softened, add in your vegetable broth and bay leaves.
- Take your dumpling mix out of the fridge and when the broth begins to simmer, take a tbsp of gently drop in spoonfuls of the dumplings to the broth.
- Once all of your dumplings are in, stir then in and cover the pot again. Allow the dumplings to cook for 10 more minutes.
View this post on Instagram
Happy Foodie Friday Foxies! Each Friday, I'll be highlighting a local restaurant in the DFW on my blog. This week, I wanted to add in one of my recipes since we were experiencing cooler temps. Check out my Chick'n & Dumplings recipe via the link in my bio 💚 Featured products… @gardein Chick'n Strips @Kroger Vegetable Broth @earthbalance Original Buttery Spread #buzzfeast #healthyrecipes #plantbased #plantbaseddiet #food52 #healthyeats #vegetarian #chef #browngirlbloggers #foodies #dallasbloggers #foodbloggers #stayfoxy
© Copyright 2018 Foxy Veggies LLC – All Rights Reserved